Eligible Coverage for You and Your Family
As a member of AFSA, you and your spouse are eligible to apply for this insurance regardless of your age (you must be under age 65 in CA) provided you have not been medically treated for or advised of cancer within five years (12 months in TX, 2 years in GA and 6 months in CA) prior to the effective date of coverage. Your children are also eligible to apply provided they meet the health requirements and are age 19 or under (23 if a full-time student). Please note, dependent eligibility ages vary by state. Your Certificate/Policy will provide full details.
Competitive Rates Regardless of Age
Monthly premiums are competitively-priced.
Cancer Plan Monthly Rates
|Member & Spouse
|Member, Spouse, & Children*
** Not available to residents in the state of CA.
* Children up to age 19 (23 if full-time student).
If applicable, an additional $2.00 billing fee (N/A in KS) will be included on your billing notice payable to the administrator. To save the fee, select Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as a safe and secure payment option.
Your Payment Options
Please note: You also may have the option of paying your premiums once a year (annually), twice a year (semi-annually), or four times a year (quarterly). If you pay your premiums monthly, quarterly or semi-annually, the total amount of premiums and/or administration fees that you pay in a year may be higher than if you make one annual payment. If you are interested in learning more about these payment options, please refer to your fulfillment package for details.
Benefits Paid Directly to You or Anyone Else You Choose
Once you are accepted, your AFSA Cancer Plan will pay the following benefits if you are diagnosed with cancer. These benefits are paid regardless of any other health coverage you have—helping to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses.
- $60.00/year Wellness Benefit: Helps pay for yearly cancer exams in order to detect cancer early. AFSA encourages every member to use this benefit for yearly cancer screenings including prostate, colorectal, mammography, pap smear, diagnostic radiology/imaging and even physical exams as part of a cancer-related check-up.
- $2,250.00 lifetime maximum for Chemotherapy and Radiation (including x-ray, radium, and cobalt treatments).
- $1,500.00 Maximum benefit per Illness Period for a Private Duty Nurse; $36.00 daily.
- $1,050.00 Maximum benefit per Illness Period for an Attending Physician; $15.00 daiIy.
- $750.00 lifetime maximum for Blood & Plasma. No limit for leukemia up to the policy maximum.
- $750.00 lifetime maximum for Ambulance Service; $75.00 per trip.
- $90.00 daily, days 1-12 for Hospital Confinement; $45.00 daiIy, days 13-90.
- 100% of Hospital charges in lieu of all other benefits not more than $9,000 per month for Extended Hospital Expense.
- $1,125.00 maximum benefit (20% of actual charges) for Surgery per operative session.
- $93.75 for Skin Cancer Removal for initial incision: $75.00 Maximum Benefit each additional incision.
- $150.00 for Anesthesia per operative session; for skin cancer, $45.00 per operative session.
- $450.00 lifetime maximum for Transportation.
- $375.00Maximum benefit per lifetime maximum received for Miscellaneous Hospital Expense. This covers medicine and other necessary supplies.
Effective Date of Coverage
Your coverage will begin on the first of the month after your Application is approved and we receive your first premium payment. Your coverage will not be canceled nor rates increased unless rates are increased for all insureds in your classification, no matter how many claims you submit. Transamerica Premier Life has the right to change premiums or any premium due date with 31 days notice to the insured. Premium rates may change if the groups master policy changes. Your coverage will never terminate because of age or medical history as long as you have not been diagnosed with cancer within 5 years (12 months in TX, 2 years in GA and 6 months in CA) prior to the effective date of coverage, you pay your premiums, the AFSA Group Master Policy remains in force, and you remain an AFSA member.
Other insurance in this company: Only one certificate or policy providing Cancer coverage may be in force as elected by the member. If any other certificate or policies previously issued by us or any other AEGON, U.S.A. affiliates are in force concurrently with the Certificate issued under this policy, the excess insurance will be void. All premiums paid for the excess will be returned to the Insured.
Other Important Cancer Plan Information
Exclusions: Only cancer is covered. Injury or sickness other than cancer is not covered.
Pre-existing Condition Limitations and Exclusions: No benefits will be payable for the covered person's pre-existing conditions. They are defined as a cancer that was positively diagnosed within five years (12 months in TX, 2 years in GA, and 6 months in CA) prior to the covered person's effective date of coverage under this policy, or a cancer for which treatment has been received before the covered person has been insured for 30 days from his or her effective date of coverage. [Except in AZ, MO, OK, TX and WI.] We will, however, pay benefits for cancer diagnosed and treated within the first 30 days the covered person has been insured. Expenses for such treatment are payable only if incurred after coverage has been in force for 12 consecutive months (6 months in CA) from the effective date. THIS IS A CANCER ONLY POLICY
Please visit: www.transamerica.com/individual/privacy-policy/
||This plan is not available in AK, CO, CT, DE, MA, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OR, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA and WY.
||All association members, their spouse and dependent children (unmarried children under age 19; or, under age 23 if enrolled as full-time students) may apply for coverage.
Plan underwritten by Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA and administered by Mercer Consumer, 12421 Meredith Drive, Urbandale, IA 50398. This provides a brief description of the benefits available.
Complete details can be found in Group Policy Form No. CA1000GPM, Policy No. MZ0910350H0002A, Certificate Form No. CA1000GCM series.
Benefits may vary by state. Coverage may not be issued to residents of all states.
This is a brief description of the benefits available. Plan underwritten by Transamerica Premier Life Insurance Company, Cedar Rapids, IA, NAIC #66281 and administered by Mercer Consumer, a service of Mercer Health & Benefits Administration LLC, 12421 Meredith Drive, Urbandale, IA 50398. Complete details may be found in Group Policy Form #CA1000GPM, Policy #MZ0910350H00002A, Certificate Form #CA1000GCM Series, CA1000GCM.FL, CA1000GCM.TX. Benefits may vary by state. Coverage may not be issued to residents of all states. Rates are based on member's attained age and increases as member passes from one age bracket to another.
This web site provides a general description of the insurance plan offered and is not a contract. Complete terms, conditions, definitions, exclusions, limitations and renewability requirements are detailed in the Group Policy issued to the Group Policyholder. Each insured will be provided with a Certificate of Insurance that summarizes the policy provisions affecting his/her coverage.